Hey guys, I’ve crunched all of the numbers and stats for the past month and so it’s time for another one of my monthly updates on all of my entrepreneurial pursuits. Enjoy, and take whatever you can out of it.
For those who don’t know, each month I share all of the results (good or bad) from all of my internet marketing projects (niche sites/blogs) including exact income, expenses, profit, and traffic numbers, as well as reporting anything I did that increased results and/or any important lessons I learned.
Whilst money is far from the only aim, having a monetary goal for your business/es will give you more direction, and my own personal target is to reach at least 1 million dollars in yearly revenue (84k per month) from my online businesses by my 30th birthday (I’m 27 now). Having a deadline helps too because it sparks more of a sense of urgency – having a wishy-washy goal such as “I want to make 10k per month one day” lacks purpose and focus.
Why I Write These Monthly Reports
- To help you learn from my wins and losses and give you a real over-the-shoulder look at how I manage to earn a good, legitimate living with internet marketing to help you on your own journey.
- To show you that making money online is truly within reach – there’s nothing I’m doing that you can’t do either.
- To create further accountability for myself to keep getting better – if my results (good or bad) are here in the open for all to see…that motivates me to work even harder.
- To be transparent with you about my results with internet marketing/business. If I’m going to be sharing ideas and strategies on this then you want to be sure I practice what I preach and actually get results from it.
- To give back and hopefully inspire more and more people to realize their dreams of becoming an entrepreneur and reaching financial freedom.
Plus, if I am able to actually pull off earning millions with my internet businesses one day, I thought it would be a solid idea to have the process recorded so that others can learn from the journey and realize it’s possible to achieve success coming from nothing as I have (no money, no experience, no connections etc).
I’ve personally gained so much inspiration from reading the income reports of other successful online entrepreneurs and seeing over their shoulder of exactly how they’re doing it, and so in a way I feel almost compelled to write my own reports documenting my progress because I know the potential value that others may get from seeing behind the scenes.
To my fellow entrepreneurs, and aspiring entrepreneurs – I invite you to join me on the adventure.
What I Worked On in November
- Created new content for a couple of my niche sites as well as continuing to increase affiliate conversion rates
- Implemented some tweaks on my highest-earning site to increase affiliate sales during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend (seemed to have worked well)
- Published a post here at PDR: 7 Tips to Increase Affiliate Sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Worked on the next upcoming part of my free step-by-step website building tutorial, the Ultimate Niche Site Guide, which should be complete soon. For anyone wondering, no I haven’t forgotten about finishing the guide…I have a lot on my plate but it will get done as soon as humanly possible : )
- Did the research/planning for a new information product to be released on one of my niche sites (likely an eBook) – work will start on it in Jan. Excited for this because it could really spike income overnight as I already have the traffic and relationships with site readers in place.
- Continued work on my new Amazon FBA business. I’m currently waiting on a designer to complete my brand logo.
November 2015 Results
|Project||Income (USD)||Expenses (USD)||Profit (USD)|
|Niche Site 1||$5437.89 (up $852.30)||$0||+ $5437.89|
|Niche Site 2||$76.43 (up $70.51)||$0||+ $76.43|
|Niche Site 3||$56.73 (down $5.05)||$52||+ $4.73|
|Amazon FBA||$0 (not live)||$299||- $299.00|
|TOTAL||$5571.05 (up $917.76)||$351||+ $5220.05|
Niche Site 1 (NS1) Income Breakdown
- Amazon Affiliate Commissions: $5,364.23
- Google Adsense: $73.66
Because I know people love screenshots as it makes this whole thing a lot more real, here’s a screenshot straight from my Amazon affiliate account which shows that NS1 earned me $5,364.23 USD in commissions from the $178,848 USD in sales that I generated for Amazon in the month of November:
You can also see the earning spikes at the end of the month for the long weekend that included Black Friday and Cyber Monday (the biggest online sales days of the year) from this graph which shows the daily earnings for NS1:
However it doesn’t show all of the sales from the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend because some of the orders take days to ship, and Amazon only records sales in your account when orders are shipped. So early December has been very strong for me because of that : )
Remember that the income from this site is 90% passive income (the site only requires a few hours maintenance per month) – which is proof right there that building a niche website or niche blog and primarily monetizing with affiliate marketing can be an amazing strategy to earn a genuine living online and one I don’t hesitate to recommend because it’s simple in nature.
Don’t get me wrong though because though it’s simple, it’s not easy, and it’ll take hard work especially when first building your niche site. But the effort you put in may pay you back many times over the years to come if you end up creating a passive-income-producing online asset.
Now to NS1’s traffic stats for November, which was higher than last month due to more people searching for my topic around this time of year (as with many niches):
Niche Site 2 (NS2) Income Breakdown
- Clickbank Affiliate Commissions: $70.64
- Google Adsense: $5.79
This is the second niche site that I started. It used to earn a few hundred per month but has dropped off due to me neglecting it for more promising projects. I learned a lot from it though, and over its lifetime the site has generated a nice overall profit for me so whilst it’s not a smashing success today I don’t really see it as a “failure”. One day I may revive the site or leverage the traffic to launch another, better site in the same niche.
But even though income is quite minimal these days, I still keep it up because it occasionally has a spike in income and more importantly it does still offer some sort of value in its niche (I get the occasional email from a happy reader).
Niche Site 3 (NS3) Income Breakdown
- Amazon Affiliate Commissions: $56.73
This is my latest niche website which I’ve been building slowly but surely, and things are looking promising in terms of traffic and reader growth. Income is still pretty small right now, but once I implement a proper marketing strategy, work on conversions, and release an information product – that will likely change quite rapidly so I’m very excited for this site. It has a lot of potential, and the overall aim is to replicate similar results to my strong-earning NS1. If that happens, you can bet I’ll report how I did right here on the blog for you to replicate.
Are You Ready to Dominate 2016?
That’s it for this month’s update guys. In the next report I’ll likely sum up the year and share some of my plans for 2016 which I’m extremely excited about. All signs point to 2016 being a breakthrough year for me (new and old projects alike all coming together), and I hope the same for you too!
And if you’re yet to delve into starting your first online business, but you’ve had the thought in your mind to do so one day – make a pact with yourself now that 2016 is when you’ll make it happen. Don’t put it off, life is short, and there truly is no better time in history to start a business and start taking more control of your life and your future.
Get going in any way possible such as setting up your first affiliate marketing site, or start looking into selling private-labelled physical products on Amazon (actually easier than it sounds), or start selling an online service through your website, or hell just do some freelance work to get your feet wet with working online.
Just do SOMETHING to start learning and gaining experience with internet marketing, and start moving closer to the dream of running a profitable online business from anywhere in the world and living free (if that’s your dream…some people are happy with the status quo…that definitely ain’t me).
Anyway, if you celebrate Christmas – have a great one! And as always, I’ll sign off with a favorite quote of mine. Peace.